People who are looking for the cheapest full coverage auto insurance can find a variety of quotes to fit their specific needs. This is true even for individuals that have a driving record that is less than perfect, where it is often challenging to find an affordable policy.
Some companies specialize in offering non-standard insurance for high-risk drivers. Other insurance carriers offer reduced rates to good drivers, as a reward for filing minimal claims.
High Risk Drivers
Accidents happen all the time to good drivers that happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Because of that, insurance carriers will offer affordable policies to help high-risk drivers get their insurance coverage back on track.
High-risk drivers are categorized in a variety of ways. Any of the following might apply:
- Drivers that have received traffic violation tickets or speeding tickets over a short period
- Uninsured drivers that are involved in an at-fault accident
- Drivers that have at least six points on their driving record
- Individuals with a recorded DWI / DUI conviction
- Teen drivers
- Drivers that have a lapse in their insurance coverage
Low Risk Drivers
Low-risk drivers are usually offered the cheapest full coverage auto insurance. These well-rounded policies offer extended coverage that often includes:
- Bodily injury liability
- Medical payments
- Property damage liability
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist
- PIP-personal injury protection
In addition to the above car insurance coverage, low-risk drivers are also offered significant benefits from a variety of insurance carriers that include:
- New car replacement
- Accident forgiveness
- Multi-policy discount
- Unlimited rental
Reducing the Costs
Most drivers can purchase affordable insurance for the vehicles they drive. In fact, obtaining the cheapest full coverage auto insurance policy requires just minimal legwork if the driver meets certain requirements. Belonging to driver associations, such as AAA (American Automobile Association) and others, often provide significant discounts on monthly insurance premiums.
Other significant ways of getting a lower monthly premium include:
- An Extended Policy-Taking out a policy that lasts a year versus a traditional six-month policy is a great way to get a lower rate overall.
- Installed Antitheft Devices-Specific devices installed on the car or truck will make the vehicle eligible for cheaper full coverage insurance. These devices can include car alarms, or even an alarm in the garage where the vehicle is parked at night.
- Newer Vehicles-Insuring a new vehicle manufactured with numerous safety features tends to cost less to insure than older vehicles without alarms and other safety equipment.
- Multiple Car Discounts-Households that ensure more than a single vehicle tend to receive lower insurance rates. Because of that, it is important to have all of the vehicles in the household insured under a single policy.
- Lower Mileage-Households that drive just a few miles each week typically pay less per month for their insurance on all of their vehicles. This is because reduce miles minimize the potential of getting into an accident.
Cheap full coverage auto insurance is also offered to good students and individuals that take defensive driving classes.